This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission for purchases made through those links. However, this DOES NOT affect the price of product/service in any way! Please read my Affiliate Disclosure for more info.
Sometimes we simply can’t stick to a recommended workout routine to exercise different muscle groups on different days, plus no time for gym. That’s why I recommend this full-body workout at home for women.
It is intense but you’ll work multiple muscles groups in less time. You’ll target all your muscle groups, including hips, glutes, thighs, core, chest, back, shoulders and arms. The workout is full of tried and true classics.
Workout consists of 8 exercises, divided into 2 sets. After finishing first set (first 4 exercises) rest for 30 sec. -1 min. Same after second set. That’s one superset. Then repeat all that 3 -4 times.
Before you start with this (or any other workout) do not forget to warm-up first. Now, let’s start.
1. Curtsy Lunge
- Begin standing with your feet in a wide stance.
- Keeping your chest upright and shoulders down, cross your left leg behind the right and squat down into a curtsy position.
- From the lowered position, push your body back upright, bringing your left leg back to the starting position.
- Next, repeat with the right leg.
- Alternate legs to perform 20 reps (10 reps on each leg).
Optional: you can hold dumbbells in each hand as you do this exercise. Dumbbells can increase the resistance.
2. Single-Leg Lateral Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands on your hips.
- Take a big step to the side with your right leg, then push your hips back, bend your right knee, and lower your body until your right knee is bent nearly 90 degrees.
- Push back to start. That’s one rep.
- Complete 20 reps
3. Glute Bridge Hold Chest Press
- Start on the floor facing up with weights on either side, knees-up with heels directly beneath
- Grab the weights and hold them at chest level, begin glute bridge by pressing through heels and squeezing the glutes to lift the hips.
- Hold the glut bridge while pressing the weights straight toward the ceiling from the chest
- Make sure not to arch the back in the bridge, keep core braced and engage glutes
- Continue to hold bridge while lowering weights back to chest and repeat
- Complete 10 reps
4. Side Plank With Rich Through
- Start in a side-plank position with your right forearm planted firmly on the ground and your left hand holding a dumbbell on the ground in front of you.
- For extra stability, you can stagger your legs, placing your top foot just in front of the bottom.
- Engaging your core and keeping the dumbbell as close to your body as possible, raise your left arm straight overhead.
- With control, lower the dumbbell back down and twist directly under your torso.
- Return to starting position.
Do 10 reps on each side.
5. Reverse Lunge And Kick
- Stand tall with feet together and hands-on-hips.
- Take a big step back with left foot, landing on the ball of your foot.
- Lower your body and bend the right knee until it forms a 90-degree angle.
- Now, kick your left leg out in front of you until you can touch your toes with your right hand
- Repeat with your right leg and left hand
- Complete 10 reps with each leg and opposite hand.
6. Inchworm To Squat Jump
- Start standing with feet hip-width apart.
- Hinge forward at your hips and place your palms on the mat. You can bend your knees if needed to get your palms flat on the floor.
- Walk your hands forward so that you’re in high plank.
- Your shoulders should be stacked directly above your wrists
- Walk your hands back toward feet, stand up
- Now quickly lower your body into a squat and then jump
- That’s 1 rep.
- Complete 10 reps
7. Push-Up Plank Jacks
- Get into push-up position. Start with your legs together.
- Bend elbows to lower body down to perform one push-up.
- As you press-up to straighten your arms, quickly jump your legs out to the sides with the heels over the toes for a single plank jack.
- Jump the feet back in together and repeat the push-up.
- Perform 20 reps
8. Bird- Dog
- Get on all fours ensuring your hands are directly underneath your shoulders and your knees are underneath your hips.
- Simultaneously extend your left leg and right arm keeping your hips square to the ground. Hold that position for 2-5 seconds.
- Return to the starting position. Repeat with your left arm and right leg.
I hope you’ll love this workout. As I’ve said already it is intensive but it does work your whole body and you’ll feel that endorphin rush and feel good. Plus, let’s not forget, working out is a great way to reduce stress.
After this, and any other workout, do not forget to stretch.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any question, or want to leave a comment – impression, suggestion, your thoughts, experience… please do so in the comment section below, and I’ll be happy to help you out.