This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission for purchases made through those links. However, this DOES NOT affect the price of product/service in any way! Please read my Affiliate Disclosure for more info.
Finding the time for a workout throughout the day can be really challenging, oftentimes impossible. Try to workout early in the morning. A quick morning workout at home will wake up your body, boost your energy and mentally prepare you for the day ahead.
Benefits Of Morning Workout
An early morning workout offers numerous benefits, both to your health and to your daily schedule. Here are some of them:
- More overall energy
Exercising is excellent for boosting energy and reducing fatigue. When you work out, your circulation improves, bringing oxygen and nutrients to every part of your body. By exercising early, you may feel more energized throughout the day.
- Better focus
Physical activity also improves focus and concentration, regardless of when you do it. But if you have trouble focusing during the day, a morning workout might be just what you need.
A 2019 study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that morning exercise improves attention, visual learning, and decision-making.
- Better Mood
Physical activity is a natural remedy for stress. During exercise, your brain makes more endorphins, the “feel-good” hormone. It also doubles as a distraction from anxious thoughts. Morning exercise is a great way to start the day on a positive note. You’ll also feel a sense of accomplishment, giving you an optimistic outlook for the day.
15 Minute Morning Workout
In just 15 minutes you’ll get your heart pumping, blood flowing and you’ll be energized for the day ahead.
Throughout each exercise focus on breathing. Make 15-20 sec break between exercises.
Lunges – 20 reps
- Split your stance with your right leg in front. Your right foot should be flat on the ground, and your left foot up on its toes;
- Bend your knees and lunge until your right thigh is parallel to the ground. Your knee should be aligned with your ankle;
- Push up through your right foot to return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the left foot
- Alternate your legs for 20 repetitions.
Squats – 25 reps
- Stand with your feet about hips-width distance apart. and bend at the knees to slowly squat down into a seated position.
- Send your hips back and lower your upper body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Straighten your legs to return to standing.
- Repeat 25 times.
Push-Ups – 15 reps
- Begin by lying face down on the floor, placing your palms flat on the floor directly under your chest.
- With your hands shoulder-width distance apart, curl your toes under and press your body directly upwards using your shoulders and arms. Continue to lift your body until your arms are fully straightened, maintaining a flat back throughout the movement.
- Lower back to hover a few cm above the floor.
- Repeat 15 times.
Bicycle crunches – 20 reps
Lie on your back and bring your legs to a tabletop position. Bend your elbows and put your hands behind your head. Be sure that your lower back is flat on the ground. Crunch up and bring your right elbow to your left knee, straightening your right leg; Release the crunch slightly. Bend your right leg and straighten your left leg, then bring your left elbow to your right knee. Repeat.
Bird Dog – 20 reps
- Get on all fours ensuring your hands are directly underneath your shoulders and your knees are underneath your hips.
- Simultaneously extend your left leg and right arm keeping your hips square to the ground. Hold that position for 2-5 seconds.
- Return to the starting position. Repeat with your left arm and right leg.
Now jump into the shower and get ready. Water, breakfast and you’re good to go! Have a great day 🙂
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any question, or want to leave a comment – impression, suggestion, your thoughts, experience… please do so in the comment section below, and I’ll be happy to help you out.